Monday, March 21, 2011

Hiding From the Sun

It's finally becoming more springlike outside. 
It makes me happy since it's hard to go running when there's a foot of snow on the ground outside.
Running is part of my exercise regime. I could just lift weights and I would probably lose weight as well but my resting heart rate is really high so I feel like it's very important for me to do some cardio.

When I run I run with so called "proper form" or "ball strike". 
This means I place the balls of my feet first when I'm running and I keep my feet underneath my body.
This is because it is the natural way of running and it provides a natural shock absorbant through your body and is softer for your knees. People who run using this form have a lot less injuries and don't have the issues with their knees that people who use "heel strike" have. It also works your muscles more!

Lately I've been very shy of the gym, partially because I hate going to the gym alone and partially because I'm not sure what routine I wish to use. I've been doing Starting Strength for a while and it has worked well for me but I wish to incorporate some other exercises / do a different routine. Starting Strength is made for strength gain and as I'm losing weight it's worthless for me to try to gain a lot of strength.

For now I am settling for a bodyweight routine, it includes squats, pullups, chinups,  pushups, crunches, bicycle crunches, planks, wall sits and a whole bunch of stretching. I know I should get back to the gym and I really need to work on my strength. Maybe I should give up on cutting (losing weight) and just work on muscle gain for now. I am still thinking this over though..

Hope you all have a good day

~Vanessa~

No comments:

Post a Comment