Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sorry for the delay~

It's been long has it not? I've been busy like always.
Actually I've been off to Canada for a full month, came back on Friday and it turns out that the lightning storm zapped out our telephone line. Because of this I have no real internet or phone connection. Currently I am stealing.. or well borrowing my brothers internet that he is kindly exuding from his phone via wi-fi.

So, back to business!
I got a lovely comment from Miss Kamilla and I'm very happy to find a comment in my blog!
First of all as far as mini hats go, this lovely lady has a wonderful collection of hand made mini hats for sale.
I don't wear hats personally but if I did I would wear hers, the level of craftsmanship is wonderful and I always make a habit out of promoting her things when I see her selling them.
I do own a pair of her hairbows though, they are adorable and easy to wear. I just need an outfit that matches haha!

I am changing my routine to go more for aesthetics and less for strength. While my body has changed and improved since I started Starting Strength I do not feel like it is a routine I would like to continue and I would like something more varied. It is however a great starting routine and I deeply recommend it to anyone looking to get into weight training as it is absolutely crucial that you learn the form for the major compound lifts.

My routine will consist of weight training twice a week, an upper and a lower body workout. Running twice a week, OR running once and doing another cardiovascular activity and I also wish to do yoga once a week.
Why not do 3 days of gym activity and 2-3 days of cardio? Because I am not confident enough in my eating habits to maintain such an active lifestyle.
A few weeks before I left for Canada I did 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio per week, I was obsessed and pushed myself too hard, didn't eat enough and overtrained my body. I had a hard time getting out of bed, moving around and continuing any of my regular activities. It ended up with me having to rest it out and not work out for two weeks. This is something I absolutely have to avoid.

Remember girls (and boys) your body needs rest too, listen to it and don't push yourselves too hard. Work yourselves up to it instead of going all out. 
I will be back very very soon with a post about my running, time in Canada, feelings about lolita and more~
But for now, I need to sleep. Tight sleep schedule is my new deal!
Good night and have pleasant dreams my dears.
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment