Sunday, September 25, 2011

And so the rock is set in motion

It is more than time to get moving.
For a long time I've been planning to go stay with my boyfriend and potentially live with him for a prolonged period of time. I am one of the lucky ones. My boyfriend has a steady job, and he lives in a country which allows you to stay for up to 6 months as a tourist and also has an international experience program which allows you to stay in the country for a year and during that time work and travel freely. 


In 2 months (almost exactly, I'm planning to leave on the 26th of November). I will be traveling to him for a 5 month long stay as a tourist. I will of course not be allowed to work, but I will work on my etsy shop and start making things to sell for it and through that help support my living expenses. After that I'll go home to get my International Experience Visa and then be off for a year.


This means I have to get started with my moving now. I have prepared by selling and trying to sell the things that I've already cleared out of my room. I still have 3 moving boxes, 1 of shoes, 1 of clothes, and 1 of mixed Japanese things like manga and all that with some clothes to go with it. I will keep trying to sell things, got an ad up for shoes @blocket which is like a swedish version of craigslist. Will take things a little at a time, easier to keep track of things that way.

Also some new fitness things I've been planning to start!

For a while I've been doing Body Weight exercises and a bit of running. I've been having trouble with dropping my body fat% and those abs aren't getting more visible. Thus I am going to up my running by adding some variation, one long run at moderate (talking) speed, one short fast 30 min run and one with interval training. I'll start with that and see how it goes, if it goes well I might add sprinting to that and a recovery run

Also, because it's hard for me to control my food intake or more like what kinds of food I eat due to not having full freedom with what to cook I have decided to try out IF - Intermittent Fasting. I've read a book about it with several studies linked to it and it's showed me a lot of health benefits. I'm going to go by eat-stop-eat to begin with and see how it works for me. What it asks for is for you to fast for one or two 24h periods each week, the good thing being, you never go a day without eating! For example I'm trying it out today, I had my last meal just before 6 p.m, and thus I will fast until 6 p.m tomorrow. After that I will eat again like I normally do, no extra large meals or treats or anything.

I'm hoping this will not only help me to go that extra mile, but also teach me to control those urges I have to eat or snack, every time I'm bored, when my brain makes me think I'm hungry.

I will report back and let you know how it goes! 

I am also expecting my Innocent World Oddment B luckypack! Yup ladies and gents, that's 400000yen worth of IW clothing and accessories. It will be at my boyfriends place by tomorrow and he will open it for me so that I can see all the goodies, I will of course post pictures and a rundown of what I got here afterwards. Not going to keep it all.. I think! You never know, a lot of people have gotten fantastic things so far!

Keep your eyes open! 

No comments:

Post a Comment